The Central Bank of Nigeria has approved ten new International Money Transfer Operators in the country to boost foreign exchange remittances.
This is based on a fresh list posted by the apex bank on Monday seen by THE WHISTLER.
The CBN had in February published a list containing 47 IMT operators in the country that are allowed to receive foreign exchange remittances into the country.
Flutterwave, Paypal, Moneygram, Interswitch, eTRANZACT had made the February list.
The apex bank on November 30, 2020 stepped up its move to improve its Forex supply through Diaspora remittances as engaged with the commercial banks and the IMTOs to ensure that recipients of remittance inflows are able to receive their funds in the designated foreign currency of their choice.
The CBN had said in the circular said that the move was “In an effort to liberalize, simplify and improve the receipt and administration of Diaspora remittances into Nigeria.”
Recipients of remittances also have the option of receiving these funds in foreign currency cash (US Dollars) or into their ordinary domiciliary account.
But the CBN had accused some IMTOs of frustrating the policy.
“Regrettably, a few operators continue to pay remittances in local currency contrary to the regulatory directive,” CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele had said in December.
The bank consequently ordered Payment service providers to cease integrating their systems with IMTOs going forward and must prevent commingling of remittances with other legitimate transactions.
Switches and Processors were equally ordered to immediately cease all local currency transfers in respect of foreign remittances through IMTOs.
But in the new list ten more IMTOs have been approved in the country.
The new operators approved by the apex lender are: Comet Trading Nigeria LTD, DIirekt Wire UK LTD, GABTRANS UK LTD in partnership with MONEYTO LTD, GDM Transfer PTY LTD, INNOVATE 1 PAY LTD, PAYSEND PLC, SANAA CAPITAL LLC (MONEY4 DIASPORA SERVICES LLC), SWIFT PAYMENT LTD, TRANSFERCORP LIMITED/VFD GROUP and WI-PAY GLOBAL LLC
- AFTAB CURRENCY EXCHANGE LIMITED
- AZIMO LIMITED
- BELYFTED LIMITED
- CAPEREMIT UK LIMITED
- CASHPOT LIMITED
- CENTREXCARD LIMITED
- CHIME INC.
- COLONY CAPITAL LIMITED
- CP EXPRESS LIMITED
- DT&T CORPORATION LIMITED
- eTRANZACT LIMITED
- FIEM GROUP LLC DBA PING EXPRESS
- FIRST APPLE INC.
- FLUTTERWAVE TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS LIMITED
- FORTIFIED FRONTS LIMITED in Partnership with e-2-e PAY LIMITED
- FUNDS & ELECTRONIC TRANSFER SOLUTION
- FUNTECH GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
- GLOBAL CURRENCY TRAVEL & TOURS LIMITED
- HOMESEND S.C.R.L
- IDT PAYMENT SERVICES INC.
- IMMUEUBLE WARI LIMITED
- INTERSWITCH LIMITED
- MAKEBA INC.
- NAIRA GRAM LLC operating in Nigeria as NGN GRAM LIMITED
- NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE (NIPOST)
- NOUVEAU MOBILE LIMITED
- PAGATECH LIMITED
- PAYCOM NIGERIA LIMITED
- PAYPAL INC.
- REMIT HUB CAFÉ LIMITED
- REMITLY INC
- RIA FINANCIAL
- SHIFT FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED
- SIMPLIFY INTERNATIONAL SYNERGY LIMITED
- SMALL WORLD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP LIMITED
- TCF LIMITED
- TRANS-FAST REMITTANCE LLC
- TRANSFERTO MOBILE FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED (THUNES)
- VENTURE GARDEN NIGERIA
- VOLOPA FINANCIAL SERVICES (SCOTLAND) LIMITED
- VTNETWORK LIMITED
- WEBLINK INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
- WESTERN UNION
- WORLDREMIT LIMITED
- XPRESS MONEY SERVICES LIMITED
- XPRESS PAYMENT SOLUTIONS LIMITED
- COMET TRADING NIGERIA LIMITED
- DIREKT WIRE UK LIMITED
- GABTRANS UK LIMITED in partnership with MONEYTO LIMITED
- GDM TRANSFER PTY LIMITED
- INNOVATE 1 PAY LIMITED
- PAYSEND PLC
- SANAA CAPITAL LLC (MONEY4 DIASPORA SERVICES LLC)
- SWIFT PAYMENT LIMITED
- TRANSFERCORP LIMITED/VFD GROUP
- WI-PAY GLOBAL LLC