Access Bank

FG to amend leaked national honours’ list after backlash – Report

#image_title

FG to amend leaked national honours’ list after backlash – Report

FG to amend leaked national honours’ list after backlash – Report
Muhammadu Buhari

Nigeria’s federal government is reportedly set to amend a list of persons nominated for national honours.

A source told TheCable that an adjustment of the list is ongoing owing to inconsistencies, errors, and the absence of notable names on the list.

It had emerged Over the weekend that a total of 437 persons were nominated by the federal government to receive national honours.

The awards will be presented by President Muhammadu Buhari on October 11, at an event scheduled to hold at the state house in Abuja.

According to the list, five persons — Senate President Ibrahim Lawan, Olukayode Ariwoola, chief justice of Nigeria (CJN); Tanko Muhammad, former CJN; Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, director-general of the World Trade Organisation (WTO); and Amina J. Mohammed, deputy secretary-general of the United Nations — are nominated for grand commander of the order of the Niger (GCON).

Those listed for the award of commander of the order of the federal republic (CFR) are the late Abba Kyari, former chief of staff; the late Ibrahim Attahiru, former chief of army staff; Monica Dongban-Mensem, president of the court of appeal; Oladayo Amao, chief of air staff, among others.

It was, however, observed that former Senate President Bukola Saraki is missing from the list of persons nominated for the awards.

On the list, Bayo Ogunlesi, founder of Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), is also erroneously described as the owner of Gatwick Airport.

Ogunlesi is the chief executive officer and founder of Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), a global infrastructure fund management company.

Gatwick Airport, England, was initially owned by the British Airports Authority (BAA) until 2009 when it was acquired by a GIP-led consortium.

Gatwick Aiport announced in 2019 that VINCI Airports, a leading private airport operator, acquired a 50.01 percent stake in the airport, making VINCI the majority stakeholder, and leaving GIP with 49.99 percent interest in the airport.

First Bank

About Daily Record

Check Also

PICTURES: APC holds mega rally for Tinubu in Lagos

APC mega rally in Lagos The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Saturday, held mega rally …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.